“Five Facets of Burgundy”
9 Nights – Exact dates in 2020 to be announced soon!
Price per guest: $5,790 per guest (double occupancy) – Limited to 6 Guests
Ask any group of Burgundy lovers to name their favorite wines, and you are bound to hear very different responses. When it comes to the whites, some prefer the minerality of Chablis, and others the sunny, white-flower freshness of Pouilly-Fuissé. Still others will argue that the round aromatic wines from the Corton hillside are at the top of the list. Inquire about red preferences, and many will wax poetic about the the robustness of Gevrey-Chambertin or Pommard, while others extol the virtues of the lighter yet sometimes more complex wines from Santenay or Chambolle-Musigny. Join us on our “Five Facets of Burgundy” adventure, and you will be able to experience them all!
With the historic town of Beaune as home base, our journey will take us to five of Burgundy’s most celebrated wine-growing sub-regions. As we taste our way through Chablis in the north, the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune in the famous Côte d’Or, and the Chalonnaise and Mâconnais regions a bit farther south, we will also trace the history of wine-making in Burgundy. Our visits to villages, towns, and historic sites will reveal the story of wine-growing in the region that spans more than 2000 years.
Here is a taste of what you will experience…
– On the day of your arrival, Carolyn and Ken will meet you at your 4-star hotel in central Paris, where you will spend the afternoon and evening relaxing and recovering from your long flight.
– The next morning, we will be driven to Beaune by way of the vineyards and town of Chablis for a visit with a notorious winemaker – the 1st “facet” of your tour of Burgundy.
– By early late afternoon we will arrive in Beaune, where you will settle into your luxury accommodations for the week.
– Spend a day each in the Cotes de Nuits, Cotes de Beaune, as well as the Chalonnaise and Mâconnais regions a bit farther south – tasting as we go, both at small, family-owned vineyards and larger domains, and also exploring the rich history of each area.
– Experience the delights of your “home town” of Beaune, including the Saturday market, quaint boutiques, renowned museums, and numerous cafes and restaurants.
– Savor local culinary specialties at restaurants ranging from small family-owned gems to Michelin-starred destinations, wine included.
– Be treated like family, as Carolyn and Ken host you for a dinner at their home in the famous wine village of Pommard, paired with wines from their personal cellar.
– Relax in comfort as our driver returns you to Paris at the conclusion of our time together in Burgundy, where you will spend one additional night at a 4-star hotel in Paris. The perfect way to top off your stay in La Belle France!
Includes ground transportation from and to Paris and throughout the excursion, deluxe lodging, most meals, numerous domaine and sightseeing visits, and the expert cultural guidance of Your Key to Burgundy to accompany you throughout your experience and to help you plan additional aspects of your trip. Plus, the intimacy and attention that only a small-group experience can provide!
Truly a “bucket list” experience for those who love the great wines of Burgundy!
Contact us today and be among the first to learn about our 2020 dates for this special excursion!