Women In Burgundy 2023 ….
An Adventure For Women, About Women!
Wednesday, September 20 to Saturday, September 30, 2023 (10 nights)
Price per guest – $6,550, Single Occupancy
Or, “Travel with a Buddy” for $5,750, Double Occupancy (Savings of $800 per guest)
Limited to six fun-loving, “Wander-ful Women”
The price includes an arrival night in Paris to help you relax as you begin your adventure!
Join us for our annual excursion, just for women – With Carolyn as your personal guide and cultural interpreter, our group of “Wander-ful” adventurers will be introduced to women who have played extraordinary roles over the course of Burgundy’s history.
Are you interested, but hesitating because you don’t have a “buddy” who wants to sign on with you? Don’t worry! This excursion is ideal for solo travelers, as this experience is all about self-rejuvenation and making new friends!
Airfare is not included, but all of the following is included:
– To set the mood for our adventure, Carolyn will host a pre-trip informational get-together at her home in Albuquerque, where guests will receive a “Bon Voyage” gift bag. (Any guests who do not live locally will be invited to “Zoom” in to join the fun!)
– Relax into your adventure, as you spend your arrival night at the Hotel Les Matins de Paris– a 4-star boutique hotel just off of the famous Rue des Martyrs in Paris’s trendy 9th arrondissement, with a full buffet breakfast included – perfect for recovering from jet lag and the fatigue of your long flight.
– Our Private YK2B driver will meet you at your hotel, mid-morning on Thursday, September 21, to bring you down to the historic town of Beaune in the heart of the Cote d’Or, Burgundy.
– You will enjoy seven nights at the Hôtel Belle Epoque, a thoughtfully-restored, completely modernized property that was once the home of a Burgundian wine merchant. This is the ideal “home base” for our Burgundy adventure, and only steps away from all that the historic town of Beaune has to offer.
– Activities and experiences in Burgundy will include:
- Inspiring visits to some of Burgundy’s most famous cultural and historic sites, including the 15th c. Hospice de Beaune (the first hospital in Europe specially built to care for the poor), Notre Dame Basilica, the brand-new “Cité du Vin,” and Burgundy’s world-famous vineyards.
- Experiencing the abundance of the Saturday morning Market in Beaune.
- Discovering the mysteries of the Burgundy truffle, as we head into the countryside for a truffle-hunting demonstration, followed by a truffle-themed lunch.
- A visit to Burgundy’s only remaining family-owned mustard operation, with a special tasting at the end of our tour.
- Exploring Pommard, one of the most famous wine villages in the Côte de Beaune, known and loved by Thomas Jefferson, and also where Carolyn has her 2nd home.
- The delights of Dijon, Burgundy’s historic capitol, with its fascinating museums, famous “Owl’s Trail,” and market hall designed by Eiffel.
- A visit to “La Cité du Vin” – The City of Wine – the much-anticipated multisensory experience opening in Beaune in the summer 2023, dedicated to Burgundy’s wine history, culture, and of course, the wines, themselves!
- A day in the northern Burgundy countryside, where we will visit the source of the Seine River and learn the story of the Goddess Sequana. In Flavigny-sûr-Ozerain, designated one of the most beautiful villages in France, we will explore the world-famous 500-year-old, woman-owned “Anis de Flavigny” candy company and the sites where the movie “Chocolat” was filmed.
- Opportunities to meet women of Burgundy from different walks of life who will share their stories and passions.
- Retail therapy, based on your individual desires.
– Glorious cuisine (and wine!), including:
- Sumptuous daily breakfast each morning at your hotel.
- Eight lunches and nine dinners beginning with dinner the night of your arrival in Burgundy, and concluding with our final night together in Paris. (The only dinner on your own will be on your arrival night in Paris.) You will experience unique bistros, historic brasseries, and family-owned restaurants that are favorites of the local residents.
- All of our lunches and dinners will include glorious wines from the region.
– Our private driver to bring our group to Burgundy from Paris, and then back to Paris (allowing us to avoid the uncertainty of any public transportation strikes).
– All ground transportation in Burgundy, with our private drivers.
– And in Paris to conclude our French experience…
- 2 additional nights at the Hotel Les Matins de Paris.
- A full day of exploring in “The City of Light” that we will plan together, based on the interests and desires of our group.
And of course, with Carolyn as your personal cultural interpreter, guide, and Burgundy “local” to provide you with an insider’s experience, unlike any other!
This excursion is limited to six fun-loving, adventurous women. Our previous Women in Burgundy excursions have filled quickly, so don’t delay! Get in touch with us today for more details and to reserve your space!
To learn more, get in touch with us. We are waiting to hear from you!