Women In Burgundy 2019 ….
“Life, Laughter, and the French Paradox”
October 9 to 19, 2019 (10 nights) – $4,550 per guest, Limited to Six “Wander-ful Women!”
New for 2019: The price includes an arrival night in Paris to help you to ease in to your adventure!
Join us for our 3rd annual excursion, just for women – A lifestyle adventure in the heart of France as we explore the secrets of joyful and healthy living, the French way!
Are you interested, but hesitating because you don’t have a “buddy” who wants to sign on with you? Don’t worry! This excursion is ideal for solo travelers, as this experience is all about self-rejuvenation and making new friends!
Airfare is not included, but all of the following is included:
- To set the mood for French “joy of living,” each guest will receive a pre-trip “Bienvenue” package, to include a copy of the book Joie De Vivre: Simple French Style for Everyday Living by Robert Arbor, along with information about your “home” in Burgundy and your neighborhood in Paris.
- Relax into your adventure, as you spend your arrival night at the 4-star Hotel Opera Cadet – a boutique hotel on one of the most authentic market streets in Paris, with a full buffet breakfast included (double occupancy) – perfect for recovering from jet lag and the fatigue of your long flight.
- Our private YK2B driver to meet you at your hotel, mid-morning on Thursday, October 10, to bring you down to Pommard in the heart of the Cote d’Or, Burgundy.
- 7 nights in the world-famous wine village of Pommard in historic – yet completely modernized – village accommodations, where you will have your own single-occupancy bedroom, with a bathroom shared with at most one other guest, as well as a kitchen and lounge area.
- Activities and experiences, including:
- Numerous wine tastings and domaine visits throughout our week in Burgundy.
- Shopping at the Saturday Beaune Market and various shops featuring Burgundian specialties.
- The delights of a unique local festival, completely dedicated to the celebration of artisanal bread, wine and cheese.
- Discovering the mysteries of the Burgundy truffle, as we head into the countryside for a truffle-hunting demonstration, followed by a truffle-themed lunch.
- Inspiring visits to some of Burgundy’s most famous cultural and historic sites, including the Hospice de Beaune, Burgundy wine museum, Basilica, and also world-famous vineyards.
- Exploring Dijon, Burgundy’s historic capitol, with its famous market hall designed by Gustave Eiffel.
- Time for personal rejuvenation, including walks in the vineyards, village, and countryside, tasting the delights in Pommard’s award-winning chocolate shop, or soaking in the scene in the local café or wine bar.
- Retail therapy, based on your individual needs.
- Opportunities to meet your “neighbors” – especially other women – in Pommard and beyond – and perhaps make new friends.
- Living like a local in one of the most famous wine villages in all of France!
- Glorious cuisine in Burgundy, including:
- Stocked fridge and pantry upon arrival in Pommard, based on items you have selected prior to our trip.
- Daily morning visit to the local Boulangerie for fresh breads and breakfast items, just a short walk from your door.
- Lunch daily, enjoyed while we are “out and about” – Including local bistros and brasseries, small family-owned restaurants, wine bar experiences, and even a Michelin-starred gem.
- Casual “assemble it ourselves” dinners “at home” in Pommard, featuring the fresh ingredients from the markets and specialty food shops and also from our village “traiteur,” pizza and movie night, all with wines from our own private cellar.
- All provided lunches and dinners will include wine.
- All ground transportation in Burgundy.
- Private driver to take our group from Burgundy to Paris on Thursday, October 17.
- And in Paris, to conclude our French experience…
- 2 additional nights at the Hotel Opera Cadet (double occupancy, breakfast included).
- A day of exploring “The City of Light” that we will plan together, based on the interests of our Merry Band of Wander-ful Women.
- 1 very special dinner – A true celebration of our time together in La Belle France!
- Your personal cultural interpreter, guide, and Burgundy “local” (Carolyn!) to provide you with an insider’s experience, unlike any other!
Cost Per Guest: $4,550 (Single supplement for the 3 nights in Paris is $350)
This excursion is limited to six fun-loving, adventurous women. Our previous Women in Burgundy excursions have filled quickly, so don’t delay! Get in touch with us today for more details and to reserve your space!
To learn more, get in touch with us. We are waiting to hear from you!